Do you know that serum foundation is the latest trend in the market right now? The serum foundations are typically milky, silicone and oil-based emulsions feel weightless giving velvety finish look. These foundations are also called as fluid or skin tints.
Sugar cosmetics recently launched Drop the base serum foundation. It claims that this product is magic for so many reasons – With a feather-weight fluid and velvety texture that lends a flawless medium to high coverage, this foundation is a skin-perfecting luxury itself. It delivers a natural finish and the look and feel of beautiful skin. The result is a noticeably brighter and youthful appearance
Sugar Drop The Base Serum Foundation Shades
- 10 Latte is a light shade with warm undertone.
- 15 Cappuccino is a light shade with cool undertone.
- 17 Raf is a light shade with golden undertone.
- 27 Vienna is a light-medium shade with warm undertone.
- 32 Cortado is a medium shade with golden undertone.
- 37 Freddo is a medium beige shade with golden peach undertone.
- 42 Glace is a medium beige shade with golden undertone.
- 50 Mocha is a medium tan shade with golden undertone.
- 52 Corretto is a tan shade with yellow undertone.
- 60 Lungo is a medium deep shade with golden undertone.
How to Apply:
- Take a dollop onto your palm.
- With the applicator, apply small dots over your face and neck.
- Using your fingertips, a beauty sponge or a foundation brush, blend the product well into the skin to get a refreshed look.
List Of Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Vinyl Dimethicone, EthylHexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Alaria Esculentia, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isohexadecane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide, Polybutene, Talc, Propylene Carbonate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Parfum, Hydrogen Dimethicone, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499
Price: 899 INR
My take on this product
- My MAC foundation shade is NC42
- Sugar Drop the base foundation shade is 42 GLACE
Sugar cosmetics Drop the base serum foundation comes in a cute little square glass bottle with a dropper.
Since this is a serum foundation you need to shake the bottle every time you use. This is very watery formula hence you need to spread it immediately after you put it on the face so that it won’t separate from the liquid. Applying with a flat brush will give the best result. It doesn’t transfer, it’s waterproof, doesn’t feel like you have something on your face at all. Also, it is very easy to remove at the end of the day. If you have dry skin then please moisturize the face first properly and then use this foundation because it might get into the dry patches and look powdery.
I don’t set my foundations with powder because of dry skin. You may want to use the powder if needed.
Sugar cosmetics Drop the base serum foundation comes in 10 different shades and they don’t look ashy. It gives light to medium coverage. This foundation is best to use in summers as it is lightweight. Overall I am happy with this foundation.
Will I purchase this foundation again? No, I would like to try other foundations.